Calling all SQL DBAs & Developers

As you may or may not know, Microsoft have released SQL Server 2008. Usually, shorty after major releases like this, I get a lot of contract work (particularly in the DBA area) from clients looking to upgrade/migrate, either to take advantage of the "bells and whistles" of the new version, or to move away from older versions before they are no longer supported.
With that in mind, I would recommend two things:
  1. Get in touch: If you are (or want to be) a SQL DBA or Developer, if you haven't been in touch with me, do so now.
  2. Download and try it: Very few will have commercial experience of the new version, however I always recommend to candidates, if you can, at least download and familiarise yourself with the latest version (at the very least, know the new capabilities and have a read of the whats-new section of the help). MS have a trial version available to download at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/trial-software.aspx

Quick Messages:

Have you tried the widget? Add it to your iGoogle (and more).            Any feedback just email me or give me a call.                      
This is the low resolution site - have you tried the high resolution one?            You can now subscribe to my mailing list to get posts to your inbox! Give it a go...           

Posts: